I found out I was going to Coachella mid-morning on a Sunday. Enjoying some Filibertos breakfast burritos with the squad, I saw an email notification come through: Your media pass for Coachella Weekend 1 has been approved. Holy shit, I thought. This completely fledgling notion of a weekend of coverage was going to happen. My favorite festival lineup in years, and I was going to get to see every minute of it. I immediately told my friends in the circle. One scoffed. “But, you don’t even have an Instagram!”From a fair distance, this sentiment is not unplaced. The anticipation of Coachella is, in and of itself, a cultural zeitgeist. In a series of production reveals, “surprise” events, and brand activations, Coachella consumes the pop culture attention spectrum for months in advance. Furthermore, the corporate partnerships that once made Van’s Warped Tour feel needlessly opportunistic now take on gargantuan new form.In just the past week leading up to the festival, I’ve received emails and and invites for a ridiculous array of marketing pushes. Lil Miquela, the Los Angeles-based AI influencer, is a host for Coachella’s Youtube playlisting. Amazon let me know I can delivery festival essentials directly to the festival, using… Read full this story
- Amy Winehouse to return to the stage as a hologram for 2019 tour
- Riviera Travel reveals 2019 short haul escorted tours collection
- Tickets for Glastonbury 2019 have gone up in price
- African press review 8 August 2018
- French press review 1 September 2018
- ACL Live Review: Julia Jacklin
- 22 July review: Paul Greengrass's Anders Breivik drama is unsparing, unsensationalised, and hard to watch
- Game of Thrones, Beyond The Wall review: an epic dragon battle to freeze the blood
- ACL Live Review: Finneas
- Budget 2019: 10 things to know about Education measures amid warning of 'growing third-level crisis'
Review: Coachella 2019 Day 1 Even Exceeds Anticipation of Coachella have 290 words, post on www.phoenixnewtimes.com at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.