By Allison Schonter – April 8, 2019 10:07 am EDT Share 0 Comments 0 Discovery lifted the lid on Egyptian history when they discovered a 2,500-year-old mummy of a high priest during a special two-hour live broadcast of Expedition Unknown.Airing live from the remote burial site Al-Ghorifa in Middle Egypt, located approximately 165 miles south of Cairo, adventurer and avid explorer Josh Gates was joined by a team of archaeologists led by world-renowned Egyptologist Dr. Zahi Hawass for the real-life Indiana Jones adventure.With cameras rolling, the team explored a network of vertical shafts and underground tombs, unearthing artifacts like statues, amulets, canopic jars used to store organs, and a “mysterious wax head” before the finale event: the opening of a sealed sarcophagus.Taking the combined effort of several people to open the sealed, intricately carved sarcophagus, a pristine, linen-wrapped mummy, a “Great of the Five Priest of Thoth,” the ancient Egyptian god of wisdom and magic, was uncovered. The mummy was covered from top to bottom with gold banding and other artifacts and dated to Ancient Egypt’s 26th dynasty.According to Dr. Hawass, the findings “are completely special and totally unique” and were on such a “grand scale” that in his 50… Read full this story
- Live-streamed sarcophagus opening reveals the ancient remains of Egyptian high priest wrapped in linen and surrounded by gold, in network of tombs containing 40 MUMMIES from the 'noble elite'
- Watch: 11-Year-Old Boy Reunited With Military Brother While Christmas Caroling At Woodbury Senior Center
- Eleven skeletons found in 1,000-year-old Moche grave in Peru include people with mutilated feet, stained skulls and 'a religious leader buried in a roofed chamber'
- 'Our hearts are shattered into more than a million pieces': Larissa Bielby's 'utterly destroyed' family confirm their 16-year-old girl is dead - as her boyfriend, 34, is expected to be charged with murder
- Father is horrified to 'find a worm crawling INSIDE his three-year-old son's IV tube while the boy is undergoing therapy'
- Chrissy Teigen carries on a babbling conversation with her precious one-year-old son Miles... days after capturing his first steps
- 'Genius' four-year-old who taught herself to read at two becomes the UK's second youngest member of Mensa after achieving an IQ score of 140
- Kim Kardashian reveals they PHOTOSHOPPED daughter Chicago into family Flintstones picture for Halloween... because one-year-old was terrified of Kanye West in Dino suit
- Jewelry made from HUMAN TEETH found in the ruins of 9000-year-old Turkish city
- 'Even my 78-year-old father streams' – why football fans are switching off
Discovery Finds 2,500-Year-Old High Priest Mummy on Live TV have 401 words, post on popculture.com at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.