Sean Plunket is unhappy about New Zealand radio stations’ decision to stop playing Michael Jackson’s music, calling it a capitulation to social justice activists. “Good afternoon to you, on this Michael Jackson-free radio network,” he announced on Tuesday. “I’ll be honest. I don’t know that MediaWorks and other radio stations around the country are being woke, but unfortunately they’re responding to the wokes.” MediaWorks radio stations drop Michael Jackson’s music Michael Jackson squirms, laughs through interrogation about pedophilia Michael Jackson’s former maid makes bombshell child abuse claims Earlier in the day, MediaWorks’ group content director Leon Wratt confirmed the King of Pop would be dropped following the US release of the documentary Leaving Neverland, which focuses on molestation accusations against Jackson. “We [MediaWorks] aren’t deciding whether Michael Jackson is guilty of paedophilia, we’re just making sure our radio stations are going to play the music people want to hear,” he said. According to Stuff, a representative for NZME confirmed their radio brands had also dropped Jackson’s music. “NZME station playlists change from week to week, and right now Michael Jackson does not feature on them.” But it’s a decision Plunket doesn’t appreciate, and he wasn’t shy in telling his listeners… Read full this story
- A hug and an embrace after a 27-hour flight into space: Four astronauts meet their new crewmates as SpaceX capsule docks with the International Space Station 250 miles above Earth
- Authoritarian, elitist, anti-motorist.. and eye-wateringly expensive: Drivers, business and economists slam PM's 'Stalinist' plan to ban new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030 - a date that was NOT in Tory manifesto - and his ten-point green revolution
- New Breakers part-owner and NBA star Victor Oladipo opens up on his Kiwi connection
- Britain's Covid infections drop by a fifth from last week to 15,871 new cases while the country records another 479 deaths
- BBC’s new £44million Scottish channel costs SIX TIMES more per viewer than BBC One as just 18% of Scots tune in
- Ricky Gervais says The Office would not get made today because online 'outrage mobs' taking jokes 'out of context' have left TV bosses afraid to take risks with comedy
- Grammy 2021 nominations: Beyonce dominates, The Weeknd calls process ‘corrupt’ after getting snubbed. Full list
- Chris Whitty shoots down Boris's promise that there there IS an 'escape' route from new Tier system by saying 'anywhere that goes into tier one will rise' and Tier 2 is only 'strong enough to hold the line'
- SpaceX crew successfully docks at International Space Station on historic mission by Elon Musk’s firm
- Deroy Murdock: COVID feud -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo bites the hand that healed New York
Sean Plunket slams New Zealand radio stations after Michael Jackson gets dropped have 438 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.