Canon EOS RP Body Score Details "The cheap and compact EOS RP may attract users Canon’s competitors are ignoring." Affordable price Excellent autofocus and metering Great JPEG image quality Good high ISO performance Fully articulating touchscreen Some purposefully truncated features Video feels like an afterthought Unimpressive RAW image quality MSRP $1,299.00 The Canon EOS RP is the opposite of exciting. It is an inexpensive, full-frame camera that recycles old tech and dumbs down certain features for no practical reason other than to justify the large price gap that exists between it and the higher-end EOS R . And it will sell like hotcakes. At $1,300, it really doesn't matter that the RP uses the same 26-megapixel sensor as 2017's EOS 6D Mark II (which was already a bit behind the times), nor that it has a lower-resolution electronic viewfinder, smaller battery, and worse video specifications than the EOS R. This camera is exactly two things. Cheap and full frame. That's all people buying it need to know. But even affordable cameras must add value, and I'm not convinced the RP offers more for your money than other similarly priced cameras — even those that are not full frame. A bigger… Read full this story
- Dodgers betting Grandal’s struggles in San Diego will pay off in L.A.
- Yadi catches five frames, ‘bats’ in Cardinals’ 4-3 win over Braves
- Bailiffs move in as cash-strapped Parma struggle to pay debts
- Milwaukee explains how it would pay its share for new Bucks arena
- Transition to catcher pays off for Marlins’ J.T. Realmuto
- Carlos Sainz Jr. in frame for Caterham Formula One seat
- Carlos Sainz Jr. in frame for Formula One seat
- Burgeoning chemistry paying dividends for Blue Jackets rookies
- Hard work, low pay and early risings at Churchill Downs
- Buggs pays big dividends in Gophers upset of Iowa
Canon's EOS RP is full frame for less, but you get what you pay for have 305 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.