Look out, Fortnite. Respawn Entertainment’s free-to-play Battle Royale game Apex Legends has hit 50 million players in its first month of release. Respawn CEO Vince Zampella announced the milestone on Twitter on Monday, while parent company EA posted an official statement thanking fans on its site. “Thank you to the 50 million players that have shown up in the first month since Apex Legends launched! You have all made this something special and there’s much more to come!” Zampella said in his post. The game’s release came as a bit of a surprise for fans in early February, launching the same day it was announced on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC as a free download. It got off to a quick start, hitting over 10 million players in its first 72 hours and helping EA’s stock rise in the process. Apex Legends uses the same free-to-play business model as many other games, offering its initial download for no cost but also using optional in-game purchases to drive revenue. Such a business model has paid enormous dividends for Epic Games’ Fortnite, which generated $2.4 billion in 2018. Apex Legends’ 50 million player mark, achieved in less than 30 days of… Read full this story
- Apex Legends Charge Rifle Nerf Launches Soon
- Apex Legends Fight Or Fright Trailer Reveals Halloween Skins And Content
- Can a Home Internet Business Really Make Upwards of $50,000 a Month?
- Facebook Hits 30 Million Users In UK
- Type 2 Diabetes Affects Over 50 Million Americans Today
- Fans Hate The Players: Part II
- 2,000,000 Article Views; 2 Million Count Them I win!
- How to Achieve 2 Million Article Views on an Online Article Submission Website
- $100 Million Naming Rights: Entitlement or Need?
- Price Range of Region Free DVD Players
Apex Legends Hits 50 Million Players in First Month have 275 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.