SAN FRANCISCO: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Wednesday said it will release a pricey folding smart phone in April that works with the next-generation 5G networks and will cost almost US$2,000.The Galaxy Fold will go on sale on April 26, Samsung officials said at an event in San Francisco. The device will have a 4.6-inch display while folded and a 7.3-inch display when unfolded. Samsung said it worked with Facebook Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and Microsoft Corp to create special versions of their popular apps to fit the new display.The device “breaks new ground because it answers skeptics who said that everything that could be done has been done,” DJ Koh, chief executive of Samsung Electronics, said at the event. “We are here to prove them wrong.”The device could help Samsung, the world’s largest mobile phone maker, compete against rivals such as Apple Inc and China’s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, both of which sell premium smart phones. While Huawei gained market share last year, the entire industry saw overall unit sales fall as the Chinese economy struggled toward the end of the year.Samsung said it had developed new manufacturing processes for the phone’s hinge and flexible display to tolerate being… Read full this story
- Samsung's redesigned Galaxy Fold is going on sale Sept. 6
- Samsung's Galaxy Fold is finally here. Handle with care.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Galaxy A20s India Price, Redmi 8 Teasers, Call of Duty: Mobile, and More Tech News This Week
- Why you don't need a 5G phone just yet
- Magid: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is big, beautiful and pricey
- Why you really don’t need a 5G smartphone just yet
- Samsung foldable phone tablet: Did $2,000 Galaxy Fold get fixed?
- Why you don't need a new 5G phone just yet
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold will go on sale Friday in South Korea
- Apple unveils iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and new Apple Watch
Samsung's new foldable Galaxy phone will have 5G and US$2,000 price tag have 312 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.