SAN FRANCISCO: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Wednesday said it will release a folding smartphone in April that works with the next-generation 5G networks and will cost almost US$2,000, a move to entice consumers to upgrade their phones.The Galaxy Fold will go on sale on April 26, Samsung officials said at an event in San Francisco. The device will have a 4.6-inch (11.7 cm) display while folded and a 7.3-inch (18.5 cm) display when unfolded.The device “breaks new ground because it answers sceptics who said that everything that could be done has been done,” DJ Koh, chief executive of Samsung Electronics, said at the event. “We are here to prove them wrong.”The device could help Samsung, the world’s largest mobile phone maker, compete against rivals such as Apple Inc and China’s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd. While Huawei gained market share last year, the entire industry saw overall unit sales fall as the Chinese economy struggled toward the end of the year.Samsung also introduced several accessories to compete against Apple, including a pair of wireless headphones called Galaxy Buds. The headphones include wireless charging, a feature that Apple has promised to put into is competing AirPods but has not yet released.Samsung… Read full this story
- Huawei Mate X vs. Samsung Galaxy Fold: Which one should you save up for?
- Huawei Mate X vs. Samsung Galaxy Fold: Which should you get?
- Samsung announces the Galaxy Fold — its long-awaited foldable phone
- Here's everything Samsung announced at their Unpacked 2019 event
- Will Samsung’s Folding Phone Fit into Real Life?
- Samsung Galaxy Fold’s Main Problem Is Performance, And Here’s Why
- Foldable phones, 5G, and all the best mobile tech coming in 2019
- The Entire Galaxy of Hardware Samsung Announced Today
- Pre-orders for Samsung’s crazy expensive folding phone start tomorrow
- Samsung Galaxy Fold Redesign: What’s New?
Samsung announces folding phone with 5G have 302 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.