caption Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg pauses as he delivers a keynote address during the Facebook f8 conference on September 22, 2011 in San Francisco, California. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg kicked off the conference introducing a Timeline feature to the popular social network. source Justin Sullivan/Getty Images Facebook has 2.3 million users – more than followers of Christianity. Despite various privacy scandals, studies have shown people are steadily loyal to the site. The company’s mantra has always been about bringing “the world closer together,” yet the number of new users being added to the social media platform has slowed in recent months. Monday marks the 15th anniversary of the website once known as Thefacebook.com. In the decade and a half since Mark Zuckerberg created the social network with some classmates in his Harvard dorm room, Facebook has exploded in popularity. It’s reigned as the world’s largest social networking service for years. But as of the end of 2018, Facebook has a new claim to fame: It now has more monthly users than there are followers of the world’s largest religion, Christianity. With 2.32 billion monthly users, Facebook’s audience tops the world’s roughly 2.3 billion Christians (though the number for Christians ins… Read full this story
- Personal data of most of Facebook's two billion users was collected, shared with outsiders
- Instagram just reached 1 billion users
- Former top cop sentenced to 15 years in jail
- 'He was charming': Police constable says man who supplied gun 15-year-old ISIS terrorist used to shoot dead accountant Curtis Cheng was once a 'larrikin'
- Amanda Lindhout’s kidnapper sentenced to 15 years in prison
- 15-year-old denies her older sister pimped her
- Facebook drops a bombshell and says most of its 2 billion users may have had their personal data scraped
- Facebook's Instagram has more than a billion users
- Facebook to give users more control over personal information
- Facebook defends sharing users’ messages
In 15 years Facebook has amassed 2.3 billion users — more than followers of Christianity have 316 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.