The date Jan. 16 marks the third anniversary of the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), more commonly known as the Iran nuclear deal, which was signed on July 14, 2015. Iran and the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and Germany were the signatories of the JCPOA. The agreement was a consequence of a decade-long diplomatic process and almost two-year-long negotiations. The deal promised the relief of sanctions against Iran in return for curtailing its nuclear activity and establishment of a strict monitoring regime.The JCPOA was criticized by many including Iran and Saudi Arabia and U.S. President Donald Trump was one of the most vocal critics of the deal. Trump promised to abolish the agreement, even during his presidential campaign. Despite the criticism of diplomatic actors with the U.S. and the other signatories of the agreement, the Trump administration unilaterally withdrew from the agreement in May 2018 and started to impose renewed sanctions against Iran. In mid-February, the U.S. is planning to organize a summit together with Poland in Warsaw to maximize the pressures on Iran. U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s recent Middle East trip was a part of the preparation to… Read full this story
- What are Donald Trump's objections to the Iran nuclear deal?
- Donald Trump and the Iran nuclear deal – a crisis in the making
- Iran nuclear deal: Donald Trump withdraws support for accord
- Iran nuclear deal: European leaders insist accord is working
- Europe and USA on a collision course over Iran nuclear deal
- Iran nuclear deal: Trump rebuke could 'push Tehran towards nukes'
- EU rejects Donald Trump's attempt to dump Iran nuclear deal, saying it works
- EU foreign ministers urge Trump to commit to Iran nuclear deal
- Iran nuclear deal: What's next?
- Iran nuclear deal: Mattis urges Trump not to withdraw from accord
Why the Iran nuclear deal became an epic failure have 300 words, post on www.dailysabah.com at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.