A teenage driver in Layton, Utah, crashed her car while wearing a blindfold – a stunt inspired by the Netflix movie “Bird Box” “Bird Box Challenge while driving…predictable result,” the Layton Police Department tweeted on Friday. “This happened on Monday as a result of the driver covering her eyes while driving on Layton Parkway. Luckily no injuries.”The blindfolded driver was a 17-year-old girl, and there was another 16-year-old in the car at the time of the crash, Lt. Travis Lyman of the Layton Police Department told CBS News.The department tweeted photos of two cars involved in the crash – one was a pickup truck with the front bumper bent, the other was a smaller vehicle with the entire driver’s side crushed. Earlier this month, Netflix warned viewers not to replicate the movie, in which a mother and her children wear blindfolds to escape a sinister force that turns anyone who sees it suicidal. The movie was a smash hit, with over 45 million viewers streaming it in its first week, according to Netflix.The movie inspired internet copycats to take on the “Bird Box challenge,” in which people filmed themselves doing everyday tasks blindfolded. The game is as viral as it is… Read full this story
- Man accused of crashing car into Maryland bowling alley after abduction is arrested
- Drunk student crashes car down bank after failing to take corner
- Man who crashed car into federal building pleads not guilty
- Watch bored Gareth Bale sit on Real Madrid bench doing ‘bottle flip challenge’ to entertain himself during Valencia draw
- 9pm Boxing news LIVE: Ruiz Jr labelled a ‘disgrace’ by Warren, Joshua to fight Usyk or Pulev next, Leon Spinks LATEST
- Macan's success shows luxe car market has bucked slowdown trend: Porsche India Director
- Teens fighting for life in hospital after horror car crash had been watching the sunrise with friends before being crushed in devastating 'flip'
- Climate change is causing birds to migrate earlier in the spring to find food and reach breeding grounds before they are 'crowded out'
- 2020 Audi RS Q8 first drive review: Do-it-all SUV was a decade in the making
- Woman in her 70s is among two killed in horror head-on crash after she 'drove wrong way down dual carriageway' and smashed into a London black cab
Teen who crashed car while blindfolded was doing the "Bird Box challenge" have 386 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.