For the third year in a row, the Golden State Warriors will have at least two All-Star starters. For the third year in a row, those starters will be Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant. With starters for the 68th NBA All-Star Game being announced on Thursday, Golden State will have two starters for the fourth time in five years, with Curry returning to his hometown of Charlotte at the head of what’s expected to be a smaller delegation than last season, when the Warriors sent four to Los Angeles. In that game, Klay Thompson was the hometown star, but given his prolonged shooting slump that’s only recently abated, it’s not expected he’ll be making back-to-back appearances. Likewise, Draymond Green — who has been angling for his second NBA Defensive Player of the Year award — has missed significant time with injury, and may also be behind the eight ball in terms of getting a reserve spot. Curry will make his sixth All-Star appearance and is the first Warriors player to be named an All-Star starter in six-consecutive seasons. The game marks Durant’s 10th-straight All-Star appearance and his eighth time as a starter (2011-14, 2016-19). The two NBA All-Star captains (LeBron James… Read full this story
- Stephen Curry to represent Warriors in NBA’s virtual draft lottery
- Class or cash? G League President and former NBA star Shareef Abdur-Rahim is luring top recruits to the pros with six-figure deals - and challenging the NCAA's grip on basketball's talent pool
- Drake's surprise single Laugh Now Cry Later features him duking it out with Kevin Durant and Odell Beckham Jr at Nike World Headquarters
- New York Knicks Reportedly Didn’t Offer Kevin Durant A Max Contract Because Of His Achilles Injury
- Report: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving want Brooklyn to think big with next coach like Lue, Popovich
- Kevin Durant Partying with James Harden -- NBA Stars Hit Hollywood Nightclub
- Report: Kevin Durant’s agent told Celtics what players Durant would want to join him in Boston
- Kevin Durant Claims He Won’t ‘Act Professional’ On Twitter, Likes ‘Indulging In The F**kery’
- Kevin Durant -- I Did Tell Game I'd Donate Gear ... But I Never Bet $20k!!
- The Warriors-Rockets Playoff Series Represents Everything Wrong With Today’s NBA
Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant named NBA All-Star starters have 371 words, post on www.sfexaminer.com at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.