The bestselling author of “The Diversity Delusion,” Heather Mac Donald, hosts the latest short video from Prager University: “What Does Diversity Have to Do with Science?” She discusses how politically correct trends are starting to infiltrate STEM fields, corrupting the science university research departments are producing. “The promoters of identity politics, the idea that we are primarily defined by our race and gender, have taken over the humanities and social sciences. That’s bad,” she says. “But not as bad as this: They are moving in on ‘STEM’ — science, technology, engineering, and math.” Mac Donald broke down how so-called “diversity” initiatives are lowering admissions and training standards to prioritize creating a “diverse STEM workforce,” and devoting massive amounts of time and money into producing diversity-related projects, like a “bias-awareness intervention tool” in order to “remediate micro-aggressions and implicit biases.” “The science diversity charade, as I discuss in my book ‘The Diversity Delusion,’ wastes extraordinary amounts of time and money that could be going into basic research and its real-world application. If that were its only consequence, the cost would be high enough. But identity politics is altering the standards for scientific competence and the way future scientists are trained,” she… Read full this story
- What is the fatality rate for the new coronavirus, and why does it keep changing?
- In what sense does the universe know?
- Does This Algerian Meteorite Hold Proof of Extraterrestrial Life?
- Does the Bernie Bro actually exist? Harvard scientist analyzes 6.8 million tweets and finds Sanders supporters are NOT more hostile to rivals than people who support other candidates
- Letting babies 'cry out' at night helps to soothe them and does not lead to separation anxiety or behaviour problems later in life, study finds
- Left-wing Lament: Most Diverse Democratic Field Ever Down to Two Old White Guys
- Author Nick Arnold combines horror and humour to make science appealing
- Too white, too male: Fed takes on diversity one bank board member at a time
- Highlights: Fed policymakers on why diversity matters and how to get there
- The time is right for OneHealth science
PragerU: ‘What Does Diversity Have To Do With Science?’ have 339 words, post on www.dailywire.com at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.