Jan 28, 5:43 AM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Sudipto Maity @maightyman 01/28/19 AT 5:25 AM South Korea’s military drills, which would take place later in 2019, has upset its neighbor North Korea. Pyongyang’s official newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, on Monday said the drills could undo efforts aimed at a robust diplomatic relation between the two nations.”It is not something that can be easily overlooked that military authorities in South Korea have conducted war exercises from early this year by mobilizing a huge number of troops,” the North Korean newspaper said in an article, Yonhap reported.”They are a dangerous military action that runs counter to the current trend to move toward our people’s reconciliation, peace and stability,” the daily said. South Korea and nine other Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries would take part in the joint maritime drills scheduled to take place between April 29 and May 13.Reports have also cast doubt on Japan’s participation in the military drills. The 2019 edition of the ASEAN maritime exercise would be jointly handled by South Korea and Singapore. The drills would begin in Busan, a South Korean port city located in the south-eastern part of the country. It would then move to… Read full this story
- North Korea fires FOUR ballistic missiles at Japan with three landing in its waters as PM warns of ‘new stage of threat’
- US, South Korea launch large-scale military exercises
- US, South Korea begin annual joint military exercises as Pyongyang cries foul
- North Korea fires ANOTHER ballistic missile towards Japan just a week after test of rocket ‘that could reach US mainland’
- North Korea wants to send astronauts to the Moon within 10 years
- North Korea wants South Korea to extradite spy chief
- Trump would be 'honored' to meet North Korea's leader
- North Korea orders UN to cut aid staff in their country
- North Korea sets talks, then fires off projectile
- North Korea nuclear crisis: Vladimir Putin warns against 'global catastrophe'
North Korea Wants Seoul To Suspend Military Exercises, Japan Noncommittal On Attendance have 331 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.