North Korea’s test of “a new type of tactical guided weapon” was intended as a warning to South Korea over arms purchases and plans to hold military exercises, state media KCNA said Friday. On Thursday, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff confirmed the launch of two new ballistic missiles into the waters off the east coast of the Korean Peninsula. The US said the missiles were short range. The missile launch is the first by North Korea since the country’s leader, Kim Jong Un, and US President Donald Trump met late last month in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) in a bid to revive denuclearization talks. ‘Handshake for peace’ – Trump crosses into North Korea Third Kim-Trump meeting It was the third meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un in just over a year. The first Trump-Kim summit took place in Singapore in June last year. A meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam, was held in February 2019. Both meetings failed to provide a clear roadmap for North Korea’s denuclearization. ‘Handshake for peace’ – Trump crosses into North Korea Making history Trump made history on June 30 with his latest encounter with Kim. He’s the first sitting US president to visit the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that divides South and North Korea…. Read full this story
- '80 American terrorists' killed in Iran missile attack, claims Iran state media
- In the News podcast | JioMart enters retail space; fines for businesses avoiding digital payments; North Korea to launch new weapon and more
- 80 'American Terrorists' killed in missile strikes, says Iran State Media; Trump says 'all is well'
- North Korea ballistic missile test shows regime closer to hitting 'everywhere in the world', US says
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Launches Ballistic Missile, Defying Trump and International Community
- What Is an ICBM? North Korean Missile Went Further Into Space Than the International Space Station
- North Korea Conducts Another Missile Test, Says It Plans to Send Bigger ‘Package of Gifts’ to the United States
- The Nuclear Threats From Iran and North Korea, Working Together, Grow By the Day
- North Korea Starting a War? U.S. Ally South Korea Blasts Targets After Kim Jong Un's Latest Missile Test
- North Korean Missile Hwasong-15 Could Carry Multiple Warheads to Strike U.S. Mainland
North Korea missile launches a 'solemn warning' — state media have 365 words, post on www.dw.com at January 26, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.