As 800,000 federal workers prepare to miss a second paycheck, Lara Trump told those impacted by the longest government shutdown in history to “please stay strong” in an interview clip posted on Twitter earlier this week. “Listen, it’s not fair to you and we all get that,” Lara Trump, the wife of the president’s son Eric Trump, said in an interview with the digital news network Bold TV. “But this is so much bigger than any one person. It is a little bit of pain but it’s going to be for the future of our country. And their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now.”Bold TV tweeted the interview clip Monday evening, as the shutdown had entered its 31st day. Some 380,000 federal employees impacted by the shutdown are furloughed without pay, while the rest are working without pay.”I know it’s hard. I know they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due, but the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here,” Lara Trump continued in the interview.”The reality is it’s been something that has gone on for too long and… Read full this story
- Lara Trump says it's 'fair' to question Biden's 'cognitive function'
- Lara Trump Teams Up With Fox News' Sean Hannity to Slam Alec Baldwin's 'Beating Trump Would Be So Easy' Tweet
- In reversal, Trump says task force will continue 'indefinitely' -- eyes vaccine czar
- 'What else is new with China?' Donald Trump says claims that Beijing is hacking into virus information are being 'looked at' and says he will REFUSE to renegotiate trade deal
- Trump says FDA will fast-track treatments for novel coronavirus, but there are still months of research ahead
- Mariah Carey is a beaming beauty as she ventures onto her balcony to thank workers on the frontlines of coronavirus
- Donald Trump says he believes the U.S. coronavirus death count but 'not China's' amid claims he is privately questioning accuracy of more than 70,000 dead
- Former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy says public health threat of loneliness compounded by COVID-19; Trump says task force will 'evolve'
- Trump says he’ll replenish stockpile for future pandemics
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - In reversal, Trump says he won't disband coronavirus task force
Lara Trump says shutdown is "a little bit of pain," but future generations will "thank" workers "for their sacrifice" have 399 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.