Under pressure from angry consumers, General Motors is using its social media accounts to affirm their “zero tolerance” stance against racial harassment—despite allegations from current and former employees who say racist abuse was the norm at one plant. The anger toward GM stems from a lawsuit, filed last year, in which nine employees sued the company for failing to address a culture of rampant racism. Earlier this month, a CNN report shed additional light on the allegations, revealing the degree, intensity, and persistence of what black employees had to endure at one Toledo, Ohio, plant. While GM didn’t speak to CNN for the story, citing ongoing litigation, it seems they’re now trying to do damage control on social media. In response to people saying they will never buy a GM vehicle until the company does something to address racial harassment in the workplace, GM wrote: We’re outraged that anyone would be subjected to racist behavior. We have zero tolerance for discrimination—this is not who we are. We’re working to drive this out of our workplaces. Here’s one thing I’ve learned from reading PR statement after PR statement from those accused of varying degrees of wrongdoing: Any time someone tells you… Read full this story
- Yorkshire investigate 'institutional racism' claims made by Azeem Rafiq
- BMI: Employees Accuse Music Company of ‘Toxic’ Environment, ‘Casual Racism’
- Electric truck start-up Nikola - that has received $2bn in funding from GM - is an 'intricate fraud' that faked an ad by rolling one of its trucks downhill because it didn't have engine - and edited footage to make road look flat, report claims
- Jeremy Corbyn LIVE – Labour SUSPEND shameless ex leader for vile response to damning anti-Semitism report
- As Colston’s statue lies forlorn in a lock-up, Bristol is working out what its toppling means
- Should Spotify Be Responsible for What Joe Rogan Does?
- ‘Zero Credibility’: Netizens Seethe as Trump's Niece Claims POTUS on Path to ‘Delegitimize’ Election
- Warner Bros. Execs Address Toxic Workplace Environment at
- 'The violence is always there': life as a Sikh in Trump's America
- DHS chief Chad Wolf claims some deported parents "have chosen to separate their children from themselves"
GM Swears ‘Zero Tolerance’ in Response to Racism Allegations, Unclear What ‘Zero’ Means to Them have 360 words, post on www.theroot.com at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.