Images from the FA Cup matches played on Saturday IMAGE: Romelu Lukaku, handed his first start under Solskjaer, took his chance with United’s second goal. Photograph: MUFC/Twitter Manchester United’s Ole Gunnar Solskjaer enjoyed his fifth successive victory since being named interim manager as his much-changed side beat second-tier strugglers Reading 2-0 at home in the FA Cup third round on Saturday. Juan Mata’s penalty and a well-taken effort in first-half stoppage time by Romelu Lukaku, given his first start since Solskjaer took over, sent United into the fourth round where they were joined by holders Chelsea who cruised to a 2-0 victory over second-tier Nottingham Forest. It was a subdued performance by the 12-times FA Cup winners at Old Trafford, where Reading impressed, but maintained former United striker Solskjaer’s dream start to life in the hot seat vacated last month by Jose Mourinho who was sacked. “We have performed a lot better, but you can’t ask for fantasy football every time and with the changes I made you can’t expect it to have the same flow and rhythm,” Solskjaer, who became the first United manager to begin his reign with five straight wins since Matt Busby, told reporters.Solskjaer made nine… Read full this story
- Watford in FA Cup semi-finals after Andre Gray sinks Crystal Palace
- Police condemn ‘shocking’ FA Cup violence of Millwall and Everton fans
- Middlesbrough 3 Oxford United 2: Cristhian Stuani's late strike wins rollercoaster FA Cup tie
- For the players, memories of Watford's first FA Cup final still sting like it was yesterday
- 'Coventry fans say it was the best day of their lives': Steve Ogrizovic on why 1987 FA Cup win has lost none of its lustre
- Chelsea release ‘sexy’ new blue and gold fourth kit for 50th anniversary of FA Cup triumph and fans LOVE it
- Chelsea’s new fourth kit on sale with blue and gold strip reflecting historic FA Cup win over Leeds 50 years ago
- FA Cup 3rd round TV games: Which matches are on BBC and BT Sport and what time do they kick off?
- 2pm Chelsea news LIVE: Giroud chased by Inter and Bordeaux, FA Cup kit, Isco £44.4m transfer battle with Arsenal
- Cristiano Ronaldo Misses Penalty But Juventus Ease Past Chievo
FA Cup: United ease past Reading; Chelsea's Fabregas misses penalty have 380 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 6, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.