YouTube took down more than 58 million videos and 224 million comments during the third quarter based on violations of its policies. This includes hundreds of thousands of videos that violated its child safety rules. YouTube also removed a plethora of videos featuring nudity and extremist content. According to the video-streaming site, though, the vast majority of the content removed this quarter was spam, which accounted for nearly 80 percent of channel take-downs. YouTube took down more than 58 million videos and 224 million comments during the third quarter based on violations of its policies. File photo The video-streaming unit of Alphabet Inc’s Google made the announcement on Thursday in an effort to demonstrate progress in suppressing problem content. YouTube made the announcement on Thursday in an effort to demonstrate progress in suppressing problem content. Government officials and interest groups in the United States, Europe and Asia have been pressuring YouTube, Facebook and other social media services to quickly identify and remove extremist and hateful content that critics have said incite violence. The European Union has proposed online services should face steep fines unless they remove extremist material within one hour of a government order to do so. An official… Read full this story
- YouTube to disable kids video comments
- YouTube blocks comments on videos of children
- YouTube responds to claims videos 'hacked' by Momo Challenge suicide game
- Tech bosses face fines of MILLIONS if they show images of terrorism, child abuse, self-harm or suicide
- YouTube shuts comments on videos with minors after accusations of enabling ‘child porn'
- Firms pull adverts from YouTube over offensive content
- Schools warn parents ‘Momo Challenge’ appearing in Peppa Pig videos
- YouTube kills ads on ALL Momo videos as panic over ‘suicide challenge’ grows
- Google removes daily around 6 million adds that breaks the policies of online advertising
- Parents issued chilling warning after sick trolls upload cartoon to YouTube with hidden message telling kids to kill themselves
YouTube removed 58 MILLION videos in the last quarter alone for violating its policies on spam, extremism, and child safety have 308 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 13, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.