22 December 2018 • 11:39pm Josh Warrington upset the odds once again as he retained his IBF featherweight title after getting the better of Carl Frampton in a bruising 12-round battle. The pair engaged in one of the contenders for fight of the year but Warrington, an underdog with the bookmakers having been so impressive against Lee Selby in May, largely came out on top in the exchanges at the Manchester Arena. Warrington was therefore awarded a unanimous decision by two scores of 116-112 and one of 116-113 in the first defence of his world title as he extended his unbeaten professional record to 27-0. Auto update On Off 11:39PM Mutual respect between the fighters 11:35PM Thoughts of promoter Frank Warren I’ve been in this busy for years and that is the best fight in a British ring I’ve ever seen. You’ll remember in years to come and say ‘I was there.’ That was something special. What’s next? These fighters are going to go have a nice rest and we’ll think about it in the new year. 11:34PM And still…. #Andstill 🏆pic.twitter.com/Tk2d67Qu6y— Warrington v Frampton on BT Sport Box Office 🥊 (@BTSportBoxing) December 22, 2018 11:32PM Frampton speaks Josh won… Read full this story
- Shakur Stevenson sends message to Josh Warrington ahead of world title fight
- Josh Taylor beats Regis Prograis to claim super-lightweight supremacy
- All Blacks aim to start next World Cup streak with bronze
- Soccer! What did the U.S. men’s team accomplish by beating Canada?
- Ring Magazine update pound-for-pound top ten boxer list with Canelo Alvarez taking over top spot ahead of Lomachenko
- Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz 2: Fight prediction, boxing odds, card, preview, record
- Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz 2: Fight undercard, odds, rumors, date, location, PPV
- Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz 2: Fight undercard, odds, date, rumors, location, PPV
- Boxing on TV this weekend: Deontay Wilder’s Ortiz rematch plus Smith vs Ryder on huge Saturday night
- Boxing on TV this weekend: Deontay Wilder’s Luis Ortiz rematch plus Smith vs Ryder in Liverpool
Josh Warrington beats Carl Frampton to successfully defend IBF world featherweight title have 335 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at December 22, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.