A weekly feature showcasing local artists. Name: The Polish Muslims Sound: A lighthearted local favorite for decades, this band performs parodies of popular songs with a polka or Polish twist. Solo project: One of the band’s guitar players, Dave Uchalik, celebrated the 30th anniversary of his solo EP “Born to Die” with a remastered re-release earlier this fall. Next: The Polish Muslims perform Saturday in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile in Ferndale. Doors open at 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Get tickets at otussupply.com. Melody Baetens
- Muslim faithful gather for pilgrimage
- Gareth’s art in the spotlight
- Brexit chaos assessment, Polish party pro-EU
- Spain's Alhambra of Granada recovers an artistic gem
- Muslim Tatars: The patriots practising a 'light version of Islam'
- Harrogate in spotlight in 'Make me a Muslim' show
- Now Hear This: New music from Anderson Paak ft Kendrick Lamar, Charli XCX and Troye Sivan, plus spotlight artist She Makes War
- Now Hear This: The best and worst new music this week plus spotlight artist Saint Clair
- Now Hear This: New music from Little Mix, Loyle Carner, slowthai and Colter Wall, plus spotlight artist Áine Cahill
- Racist Dundee yob shouted ‘Kill all Muslims’ and asked cop if he was in Holocaust
Artist Spotlight: The Polish Muslims have 216 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.