RHINEBECK – A young boy requested a “Black Panther”-themed bedroom and the team at Astor Services ran with it. Along the two longest walls of the room, decal stickers of the Marvel movie superhero in his cat-like suit hang alongside images of his sidekicks. A carpet on the tile floor depicts Marvel’s entire squad of colorfully costumed crime-fighters. A stuffed “Black Panther” doll lovingly sits atop a “Black Panther” bedspread. This room on the second floor of Astor’s main residential building is one of several that received drastic makeovers between Monday and Friday last week, through a campaign led by the actress and Dutchess County resident Hilarie Burton. She and her husband, actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan of “The Walking Dead,” helped spruce up the third floor of the building over multiple trips in 2017 and 2018. This week, Burton and a team of volunteers took on the second floor home to about 16 kids. “We have finished the four units that we set out to complete in our Astor residential renovation,” Burton said. “So it’s a huge accomplishment.” These “mini-makeovers” have been focused on brightening up rooms, hallways, kitchens and even bathrooms. Astor, which has several campuses throughout New York, provides residential and educational services for kids with behavioral problems or who have gone through traumatic circumstances…. Read full this story
- Montrose's La Colombe d'Or gears up to welcome more guests after renovation
- Tax breaks, asset write-offs, changes to the dole and cash for nation-building: What Scott Morrison's $10BILLION stimulus plan to fight off the coronavirus and avoid a recession means for you - as he vows not to do a Kevin Rudd
- Mumbai's Bhendi Bazaar takes leap into future with mega redevelopment project
- Southern Californians have strong feelings about LACMA’s teardown plan
- Gran designs: could building my mother an upstairs flat renovate our relationship?
- 4 CT residents test negative for coronavirus
- World's biggest battery developed by Elon Musk's car firm Tesla is powering 30,000 homes in Australia and has saved residents $116 MILLION in energy costs over two years
- 44 Books To Read Over Spring Break If Your Travel Plans Are Cancelled
- 44 Books To Read Over Spring Break If Your Travel Plans Are Canceled
- Bhendi Bazaar takes leap into the future
Hilarie Burton unveils renovated floor of Astor residence; future projects planned have 363 words, post on www.poughkeepsiejournal.com at November 9, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.