An Air-France plane takes off from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport, north of Paris. Photo: Joel Saget / AFP An Air France flight carrying 282 passengers from Paris to Shanghai made an unexpected stop in Siberia on Sunday after smoke and a bitter smell filled the cabin, the company said. No passengers were hurt and they were put up in a hotel near Irkutsk airport in eastern Siberia, Air France told AFP. “The crew of AF116 on a Boeing 777 from Paris to Shanghai decided to divert to Irkutsk in Russia after an acrid smell and light smoke appeared on board,” the French carrier told AFP. “The flight landed normally in Irkutsk at 8:10am Paris time,” it said. Officials at the airport confirmed to Russian news agencies that no one was injured and that experts had been sent to the airport to assess the aircraft. Air France said the flight could continue to Shanghai after technical clearance.
- Japanese airlines ANA and JAL ground all Dreamliner planes after emergency landing
- Terrafugia flying car takes to skies in first public air show flight
- inFamous: Second Son – Flight of Angels, land on shipping containers
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Landing on Steam Next Week
- Microsoft Flight makes its official return, and it’ll be yours for free in the spring
- 20 automakers commit to making emergency braking standard on all new cars by 2022
- The Tour de France Will Make Its Way to PC, 360 and PS3
- Sandia's Radiation Analysis Software Makes Emergency Responders' Jobs Easier, Quicker
- Ubuntu's Hardy Heron Makes Splashy Landing
- Consortium: The Tower Prophecy trailer makes impressive landing
Air France flight makes emergency landing in Siberia have 266 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at November 11, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.