31 seconds ago After eight films and billions at the box office, Universal’s Fast and Furious franchise is launching its first spinoff next year with Hobbs and Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. Engines have started and production is underway on the movie, but the road just got a little bumpier behind the scenes. Neal Moritz, a producer on all of the films in the Fast and Furious franchise, has hit Universal Pictures with a lawsuit over Hobbs and Shaw. The lawsuit, filed this morning in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleges that Universal Pictures is in breach of oral contract and committed promissory fraud when it removed Neal Moritz as lead producer on Hobbs and Shaw. Neal Moritz wants to be reinstated as lead producer on the spinoff or be paid out “tens of millions of dollars in damages in lost compensation,” according to Deadline. The suit alleges that a few days before filming was set to begin on Hobbs and Shaw, Universal wanted to change Neal Moritz’ oral producer deal and accept what the filing calls “substantially inferior financial terms” or be cut out of the spinoff completely. According to the filing, Neal Moritz was dropped as producer… Read full this story
- John Cena officially joins Fast & Furious 9... after Vin Diesel teased the casting in an Instagram video
- Vin Diesel scoffs a banana as he joins co-star Michelle Rodriguez in the English countryside to film the first scenes for Fast & Furious 9
- How The Rock conquered the China box office and proved he’s the biggest movie star on the planet
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to be honored with the Generation Award at MTV Movie Awards for his 'icon' status
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson unveils his own tequila brand Teremana Tequila: 'This blessing is truly a dream come true'
- A spinoff happily spins its wheels in ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
- The Rock suggests he still has ill will toward ‘Fast and Furious’ co-star Vin Diesel — and isn’t sure he’ll return for the 9th movie
- The Rock calls out his ‘Fast and Furious’ co-stars who complained about his spin-off movie
- ‘Deadpool 2’ director gives an update on the ‘Fast and Furious’ spin-off movie he’s making with The Rock and Jason Statham
- The Rock uses dizzying heights and dad strength in ‘Skyscraper’ to give audiences a thrilling ride
The Rock's Fast And Furious Spinoff Has Been Hit With A Lawsuit have 382 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.