When it comes to sustainability there are areas of our lives we all know we should tackle. Avoiding single use plastics, saving electricity and recycling to within an inch of our consumerist existence are all good starts, but there is one area of our lives which is becoming increasingly more impactful, and where we need to start making changes: technology. In many ways, the advancement of technology has been hugely beneficial to the environment – as commodities such as books, music, films and official documents have moved from physical to digital, fewer natural resources are needed to produce and store them. But many of the products we consume in order to keep up with the ever evolving world of tech are problematic. They are often manufactured out of plastic derivatives on the other side of the world, requiring a huge carbon footprint to get them to us and muddying the supply chain to the point where it’s impossible to guarantee ethical standards. That said, there are ways to limit your impact without giving up on our digital lifestyle. Here are some products to help. House of Marley No Bounds Sport Bluetooth Speaker: £79.99, House of Marley The proliferation of digital… Read full this story
- IBM's latest green tech product for transportion
- Apple’s environmental initiatives: just how green is the big fruit of tech?
- The coolest, best and strangest tech of IFA 2017
- Vinod Khosla slams '60 Minutes' for clean tech report
- Philips comes full circle with massive bet on lighting and health-tech
- Elon Musk joins tech companies against Trump's travel ban
- SFMusicTech Summit: Musicians and Geeks search for sustainable business models
- Rewarding tech that benefits humanity
- Best 4G tablets in India under Rs 15,000
- PS4 Pro is the product of an industry obsessed with disproving its inferiority to PC
8 best sustainable tech products have 291 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.