‘They deserve to be honoured and remembered’ – 32-county tractor ‘Drive to Remember’ completes its journey at the ploughing FarmIreland.ie The farm accident support network, Embrace FARM completed their 32-county ‘Drive to Remember’ trip at the ploughing championships today. https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/they-deserve-to-be-honoured-and-remembered-32county-tractor-drive-to-remember-completes-its-journey-at-the-ploughing-37329527.html https://www.independent.ie/incoming/article37329536.ece/81b63/AUTOCROP/h342/Teagasc.jpg Email The farm accident support network, Embrace FARM completed their 32-county ‘Drive to Remember’ trip at the ploughing championships today. Travelling all over Ireland, the ‘Drive to Remember’ tractor began its journey in August to honour farmers that lost their lives or were seriously injured in farming accidents. The tractor was donated by WR Shaw of Tullamore and driven by volunteers from Macra na Feirme and the Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster (YFCU). Along the way, Embrace FARM asked friends or relatives to place wellies in memory of their loved ones in the trailer attached to the tractor, putting them on display for ploughing attendees to see. Norma Rohan, one of the founders of the network, said one of the aims of the ‘Drive to Remember’ journey was to raise awareness for the charity and the support they offer to farmers in need. “Since the 12th of August It’s gone around the country from county to county and each… Read full this story
- A century on, two selfless nurses are finally honoured for their sacrifices in WWI and the Spanish flu pandemic
- 'It was an honour' Boris hails 'titan' Angela Merkel as best European leader this century
- Written off as a party animal and addict, AFL star Rod Owen was hiding dark secrets
- BEL MOONEY: Why does my son resent me falling in love again?
- A whiff of NHS decay
- Survival is success for long-suffering Luton
- 10,000 Ontarians have died of COVID-19. Can a memorial help us heal?
- Daniel Ricciardo tattoo bet concludes as former Renault boss stays true to his word
- Adele gave career advice to US 'diva' before live performance
- 'I'm so sorry I couldn't save you': Survivor speaks out after body of Australian jockey Chris Caserta found offshore
'They deserve to be honoured and remembered’ have 346 words, post on www.independent.ie at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.