It’s not often that the announcement of a new iPhone — let alone three of them — is overshadowed. But by the end of Apple’s big fall hardware event on Sept. 12, it seemed like the new Apple Watch Series 4 had stolen the show.Four years and five versions since its September 2014 unveiling, the Apple Watch isn’t just among the best-selling smartwatches, it’s said to be the top-selling watch brand, period. And for 2018, the company is leaning in to that success with its first big redesign to date. The Series 4 boasts a thinner body, a bigger screen, a faster processor and — on the high-end model — a stronger LTE signal, so you can leave the iPhone at home on those early-morning runs. But the price tag of new models has edged up, too, with the new model starting at $400. So how is Apple enticing existing users to upgrade — and new users to take the first-time plunge? Simple: It’s making the Apple Watch a must-have health companion with a first-ever built-in electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG).By adding the EKG feature, the Apple Watch has gone from a smart fitness tracker to a potentially life-saving medical device that… Read full this story
- Preparing for a marathon? Here’s how the Apple Watch can help you train
- Best Buy drops massive discounts on the Apple Watches Series 3, 4, and 5
- Woman credits Apple Watch for detecting life-threatening condition
- Apple Watch ‘prolonged my life’ by spotting deadly heart illness just days after new ECG feature launched, gadget owner reports
- The best Apple Watch cases to safeguard or style your smartwatch
- How to reinstall deleted Apple Watch apps
- US senators flout Trump trial norms by wearing Apple Watch
- Samsung may have another watch to take on Apple Watch
- If Apple Watch Isn't a Watch, What Is It?
- Apple Watch 6 releasedatum, prijs, nieuws en wensen
The EKG feature on the Apple Watch Series 4 may help healthy people too have 301 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 19, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.