Jeremy Corbyn would beat Boris Johnson if the two men were leading their parties in a general election, according to a poll. When asked who they would prefer as the next prime minister, 29% backed Corbyn, compared with 25% who said Johnson. The poll comes as the former foreign secretary clashes with May at the Conservative party conference in Birmingham. The poll also found Labour had taken a 5-point lead over the Conservatives. LONDON – Boris Johnson is less popular than Jeremy Corbyn and would lose a general election to Labour if he were Conservative leader, according to a new poll. The poll, carried out by BMG for HuffPost UK, also found that Labour has taken a 5-point lead over the Conservatives as Theresa May’s party meets for their annual conference in Birmingham. Boris Johnson is the public’s preferred candidate, should Theresa May step down, according to the poll, with 20% backing his leadership. The next most popular alternative was Jacob Rees-Mogg, on 7%. However, when asked who they would prefer as the next prime minister, 29% backed Corbyn, compared with 25% who said Johnson. In answer to the same question, May narrowly beats Corbyn by 27% to 25%. Boris… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson’s Brother Quits as Tory MP and Government Minister
- Justin Trudeau Could Lose 2019 Canada Elections, New Poll Suggests
- New Poll Suggests Most Americans are Really Unhappy With Obama’s Handling of Terrorism
- I will stand up to Trump, vows Boris: Johnson says he will be 'robust' in dealing with the US President and claims ousted British ambassador has his 'full support' - despite failing to back him before resignation
- Poll Suggests Among Both Remain and Leave Voters May’s Brexit Deal Is Near Universally Unpopular
- Theresa May gives standing ovation to speech branding Boris Johnson 'irrelevant and offensive'
- Osbornomics is finally dead: just ask Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson
- Delingpole: Boris Johnson May Be a Massive Disappointment
- Delingpole: ‘Pound Shop Trump’ Boris Johnson Mocks the Burqa. Canny Move!
- Boris Johnson Wins UK Leadership Race, Will be Prime Minister
New poll suggests Corbyn would beat Boris Johnson as Labour takes 5-point lead over Tories have 341 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at September 30, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.