Vietnam’s sports administrators believe it is time for the country’s top swimmer Nguyen Thi Anh Vien to bid farewell to the coach that has been with her over the last seven years, after the medal hopeful ended her 2018 Asian Gamesas (Asiad) campaign empty-handed. Anh Vien has long been considered a ‘treasure’ for Vietnam’s swimming after her talent was discovered by coaches of a military team when she was only 11 years old. The 1996-born swimmer has been training under the direct and sole guide of coach Dang Anh Tuan since 2011. She has enjoyed a tall list of achievements under the coaching of Tuan until recently, when she repeatedly failed to be in her best form, particularly at the 2018 Asiad that ended earlier this month in Indonesia, where she failed to win any medal. It is against this context that sports administrators and experts started to weigh in whether it is time for another coach to replace Tuan. Rise of a star At the age of 15, Anh Vien won ten gold medals in ten different events at the 2011 National Swimming Championship, before taking home two silvers at the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Indonesia the same year. Vien made… Read full this story
- Asian Games 2018: With two bronze medals, Indian table tennis has emerged as formidable challenger at Asian level
- Asian Games 2018: 'Indians played like the highest-ranked team' says Marijne after massive 21-0 win against Kazakhstan
- Asian Games 2018: Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Manika Batra to lead India's challenge, Manav Thakkar makes cut
- Asian Games 2018: With four recent wins against the Chinese, India start favorites in women's hockey semifinals
- Officials come down heavily on Indian hockey players after dismal exit from Asian Games
- Asian Games: Something for everybody _ even contract bridge
- Asian Games close: Indonesia shows it's the 'Energy of Asia'
- Asian Games end and Japan, China turn eyes to Tokyo Olympics
- Sun is up, Schooling is in for Asian Games swimming program
- Jakarta/Palembang, Aug 29 (PTI) Results of the Indian contingent on Day 11 of the 18th Asian Games.
Call for coaching change on table after Vietnam’s top swimmer fails at Asian Games have 328 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 13, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.