For four years downtown Buffalo has been without a movie theater. That changes at 5 p.m. Thursday. AMC, the nation’s largest theater chain, will open an eight-screen, state-of-the-art facility at 639 Main St., last home to the Market Arcade Film & Arts Centre. The theater, which sports a gray and black lobby with movie posters adorning the walls, offers plush, heated recliners, nonconventional refreshment stand fare, online ticketing, the latest in speaker and sound technology and ticketless entry and reserved seating. “The impact of this is huge,” Mayor Byron W. Brown said. ” To have the largest movie theater company in the world invest in bringing an AMC movie theater to downtown Buffalo will certainly strengthen our downtown, our theater district, the downtown neighborhood and encourage additional investment interest in the City of Buffalo.” The state-of-the art theater will offer concession fare such as Tostitos, gourmet popcorn, 1.5-pound pretzels and all-beef hot dogs along with standard offerings. (Mark Sommer/Buffalo News) Benchmark Group, the building’s developer, announced the AMC plan in September 2014, four months after the Market Arcade Theatre went dark. The opening was expected by the summer of 2016. It wound up taking longer than anyone expected. A change… Read full this story
- 50's Drive in Movie Theaters
- Non-Traditional Boston Movie Theaters - Where to Find Them and What You'll See
- Home Movie Theaters
- Hugh Grant is either an old man or movie theaters are just too damn loud
- Drive-In Movie Theaters, a Thing of the Past, Or Are They?
- War of Wholesale DVD and Movie Theaters
- Movie Theaters in the Phoenix Area
- The Popcorn Supplies You Need For Your Movie Theater at Home
- HD Satellite Pay Per View Offers a Home Movie Theater Experience
- Theater Chains Ban Masks For 'Joker' Film: Locations Near You
State-of-the-art AMC movie theater will open downtown have 299 words, post on buffalonews.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.