Delicate Arch in Arches National Park Utah with the snow capped Lasalle Mountains in the background. (Getty Images) FREEPORT, Maine — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to promote parks. The money will be used for the foundation’s “Find Your Park” initiative that aims to get people outside to explore some of the more than 400 national parks. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outside. Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving. Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
- Zakir Naik’s donation to Rajiv Gandhi Foundation a bribe, says BJP
- National Parks Service Approves 50,000-Person March On Washington, Will Not Enforce Masks, Social Distancing
- Plan to fence off Nairobi national park angers Maasai and conservationists
- Bloomberg donates $3M toward new library in hometown
- Donald Trump Donates Quarterly Salary to Repair National Monuments
- Trump donates $100K of his salary to help 'repair and restore' monuments damaged during anti-police protests - describing them as an important part of 'our Great American History'
- Documents show Polis taking $1M in donations for top jobs
- Jennifer Hudson and her sister Julia mask up to donate 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies for Chicago children in honor of her late nephew
- The Clinton Foundation: a Good Reason to Doubt Hillary’s New Organization
- Why Generous Foreign Sponsors Suddenly Turn Their Back on the Clinton Foundation
L.L. Bean donating $3M to National Parks Foundation have 283 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at August 24, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.