President Trump is said to have given a ‘positive’ and ‘complimentary’ speech about England as he addressed US Embassy workers within hours of his arrival in the UK. He touched down in Britain for his first official visit and has already brushed off mass protests by saying: ‘I think they like me a lot in the UK’ and caused Theresa May a major new headache over Brexit. Most people, a number of whom said they worked at the embassy in London, were tight-lipped as they left a secured area in the park near the US ambassador’s residence, where Mr Trump and his wife Melania will stay overnight. Some cited ‘job restrictions’ while another said he was wary of the press. But one woman said Mr Trump had given a ‘short speech’ which she described as ‘lovely’. Another man, who did not wish to give his name, said: ‘It was very complimentary to England and to the allies that we have, very positive.’ The US President, 72, who will meet the Prime Minister and Queen during a four-day red carpet visit, landed at Stansted Airport on Air Force One at just before 2pm and walked off hand-in-hand with First Lady Melania. Donald Trump… Read full this story
- PM's plan to relax lockdown in TEN DAYS: As thousands flock to beaches and parks on hottest day of the year, Boris Johnson sets aim of reopening schools and shops on June 1 with his 'world-beating' test and trace strategy
- Revealed: President Donald Trump has spent $21m on advertising - nearly three times his Democratic candidate rival Joe Biden - since general election campaign started
- Donald Trump 'could be offered chance to meet the Queen during state visit next year'
- Trump reveals he has defied doctors' warnings by taking unproven drug hydroxychloroquine for 'a week and a half' to PREVENT Covid-19 – as medics warn he is setting a dangerous example and Chinese state mouthpiece says he is governing by 'witchcraft'
- 'Together we will vanquish the virus and America will rise': Trump commemorates Memorial Day in back-to-back appearances with Melania at Arlington and Baltimore's Fort McHenry
- Melania Trump is drafted by her husband to woo governors in his reopening effort as he accuses Democrats of leaving states closed for political advantage
- President Trump honours 10-year-old Indian-American girl for donating cookies to nurses, firefighters
- Melania wears mask on Marine One but takes it off as soon as sh is in public - as rump MOCKS Biden for wearing one at Memorial Day event
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden's search for a VP is likely underway
- Protesters drive through Las Vegas demanding the Strip be re-opened while armed demonstrators surround the Wisconsin state capitol as thousands continue anti-lockdown rallies across the US
The Donald arrives for four-day red carpet visit: Trump and Melania set foot on UK soil for first time as President and First Lady - but he brushes aside protests by claiming Britons 'like him a lot' have 445 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.