Sequels are often bigger, more expensive and longer than their original, but many fall short of topping the original at the box office. But “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” the sequel to the 2015 surprise hit “Ant-Man” did just that, shattering the opening weekend box office take of the original movie. The sequel bested the original with a $76 million opening weekend versus $57 million for the first movie. That’s impressive given the summer movie competition, but it also shows that some sequels are fun and worth being made and can improve the box office success of the first movie. Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn All Marvel Cinematic Universe movies ranked Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. 20. “Thor: The Dark World” (2013) | And I’m a Thor fan! This is the one in which they bring back Natalie Portman and stick her down a wormhole and knock her out and leave her unconscious for a bunch of the movie. She’s probably not that sorry. Points for including Tom Hiddleston as Loki (my favorite character in the whole universe) negated for including the Convergence and the Dark Elves. Wha? Marvel Fullscreen 19. “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (2015) | So… Read full this story
- Why Hollywood Will Double Down on More Sequels and Franchises After This Summer
- Charlie Cox is set to return as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3... more than two years after his Netflix series was canceled
- Tobey Maguire Is Old Man Peter in Spider-Man 3 Fan Art
- Last orders before Christmas! Punters pack London pubs for a final drink (and substantial meal) before the capital's 'catastrophic' plunge into Tier 3
- D.C.’s 16th & H: Network Reporters Talk About Covering A “Surreal” Week Of Protests Near The White House
- 'Have yourself a merry LITTLE Christmas': Boris's grim festive warning as he tells people they must decide bubbles by FRIDAY, avoid shops on Boxing Day and delay seeing elderly relatives - amid huge confusion over different rules in four nations
- 'Merkel wants Britain to walk across broken glass': Chance of No Deal Brexit 'hits 80%' as Boris Johnson takes personal control of preparations before talks expire TODAY and UK insiders blame German intransigence
- Were the Paris killers on DRUGS? Footage from inside hotel room where they plotted mass murder shows SYRINGES lying among empty pizza boxes and chocolate
- ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Hits $16.7M At Domestic B.O. In Face Of HBO Max Release; Record For Pandemic, But -84% Lower Than First Pic’s Opening
- Should We Start Getting Used to the Same Familiar Movie Franchises?
Reel Talk: 'Ant-Man' sequel packs a sting at box-office sting have 411 words, post on www.thenews-messenger.com at July 6, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.