NEW YORK — Listening to the same songs over and over rather than seeking new tunes? You have plenty of company — if you’re over 28. A survey by streaming service Deezer found that the average person reaches “musical paralysis” — when she or he primarily listens to familiar tracks and does not seek out new genres — at the age of 27 years and 11 months. Musical discovery peaks nearly three years earlier, with 25-year-olds on average listening to at least 10 new songs per week. Deezer surveyed 5,000 adults online across Brazil, Britain, France, Germany and the United States. Brazilians reached musical paralysis the earliest, at 23 years and two months old, while Germans stayed curious the longest, hitting paralysis at 31 years old. A majority across the five countries said they wished they could encounter more new music. Demanding work schedules were the top reason given for having closed ears, with others citing child care duties and a sense of being overwhelmed by musical choice. Deezer released the survey as it promoted its feature Flow, which mixes a listener’s favorites with new music recommended based on previous choice. Deezer, a competitor of streaming platforms such as Spotify,… Read full this story
- Here’s Every Easter Egg in Taylor Swift’s New Music Video ‘ME!’
- Liam Payne, 26, enjoys a passionate kiss with girlfriend Maya Henry, 19, while filming his new music video as he braves the cold by going shirtless... (and she even warms up his ears)
- Spotify sharpens its focus on video with 12 new music-themed original programs
- Spotify's Release Radar is a personalized playlist of brand-new music
- Louise Redknapp says new music is all about 'tough' marriage split from Jamie
- Adele almost breaks the Internet with rumour she's dropping new music next week
- When Jimi Hendrix came to London, he changed the sound of music for ever
- Has 10 years of Spotify ruined music?
- Is jazz entering a new golden age?
- Miranda Lambert on New Album’s ‘Rock Vibe,’ All-Women Tour
News Closing ears to new music? You must be past 28 have 318 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at July 25, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.