It would be odd for Samsung to officially release one of its Note devices so early in August. It’s likely Ice Universe meant to say either “revealed” or “launched”, instead of “released.” Unfortunately, when asked, the leaker did not clarify their wording.
For Samsung to reveal the Galaxy Note 9 on August 2nd or 9th, it would be quite an early reveal date for the Note series; in fact, it would mark the earliest launch date ever for a Samsung Note handset.
This August 9th reveal date was corroborated by Bloomberg.
Source: Ice Universe
- Samsung may launch affordable version of its most-popular flagship phone soon
- Secret ‘cheap’ version of Samsung’s most powerful phone leaked – and could launch in under two weeks
- The 10 Worst Tech Product Launches of the 2010s
- Samsung's next foldable phone: Rumors and leaks about its price, camera, screen and release date
- 16 Product Fails That Defined The Decade
- 2019 is the year tech couldn't stop screwing up
- 7 wearables to get excited for in 2020: Apple Watch 6 to new smart glasses