File photo – An attendee checks out a new iPhone X during an Apple launch event in Cupertino, Calif., U.S. Sept. 12, 2017. (REUTERS/Stephen Lam) A man in Memphis thought he was getting a great deal when he spent $930 on two iPhones, only to get a surprise when he opened the boxes. Instead of finding the iPhone X and iPhone 8 he had paid for, the man found that one box contained rocks and the other contained a lock, according to Fox 13. The victim found the phones, which were on sale for $950, on the “Let’s Go” app. The seller, who used the profile “Quincy,” agreed to sell the phones for $930. IPHONE X SUCCESSOR COULD COST $100 LESS Pricing for the iPhone X on the Apple website starts at $999. iPhone 8 pricing starts at $699. “Quincy” told the victim to meet his nephews at a school in Frayser, North Memphis, the report said. When the victim arrived at the school, he saw three juveniles and handed over $930. The ‘iPhone’ boxes, which were wrapped in plastic, appeared brand new. However, when the victim returned to his car and opened the boxes he found the rocks and… Read full this story
- Apple iPhone 12 review: The best iPhone for most people
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro vs. iPhone XS vs. iPhone X
- Apple iPhone 12 vs. iPhone 11: Should you upgrade?
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max review: The camera you want, in a size you can’t handle
- Apple iPhone X Review: The phone everyone wants
- Google Pixel 4a vs. Apple iPhone SE (2020): Can Pixel take a bite of the Apple?
- The only accessory that you will get free with Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro vs. iPhone 11 Pro: Should you upgrade?
- Apple announces ANOTHER surprise event for next week – just days after latest iPhone launch
- Apple fans get a special surprise when they like a tweet with #AppleEvent hashtag
Man pays $930 for Apple 'iPhones,' but gets a surprise when he opens the boxes have 301 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 1, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.