As usual, the scholastic spring sports season passed seemingly in a blink of an eye. Lots of teams and athletes put together memorable campaigns, but were they good enough to break into the numeric rankings? Without further ado, here’s the final Power 10 for the spring season. 1. Chautauqua Lake softball. The Thunderbirds were the only team to win a state championship during the spring. Thus, they are a no-brainer as the top team in the season-ending Power 10. A team that had just one senior came together throughout the spring to capture the its first state title. T-birds received contributions from everyone in the championship game to become the first Section VI team since Orchard Park in 2015 to capture a state crown in the sport. 2. Nardin rowing. Four boats (Varsity Eight, Lightweight Eight, Freshman Four, Varsity Four) captured state championships. Lightweight Eight placed second at scholastic nationals. Coach Aileen McNamara’s crew had a fine season. 3. Nichols rowing. Senior Four of Zach Berzon, Michael Berdysiak, Michael Battin, Noah Daniels and Katie Bean (coxswain) captured state title and also took second at scholastic nationals. Placed first in C flight of Youth National Regatta. 4. Iroquois softball. The Lady Chiefs’ best… Read full this story
- Top 10 goals of Premier League season ranked and rated
- London ranked best university city of 2018
- China outshines Europe in 2017 clean power investment ranking
- FOOTBALL: Brinklow Under 10s celebrate victory in Spring Cup final
- Louth AC runners in good form as spring season hots up
- Tom Boyd backs Bhoys to finally break 10-in-a-row record
- Ely Tigers best performances of season
- Coachella: What to do around Palm Springs post-festival
- Six of the best for O’Shea as Phoenix fly into semi-finals
- Royal wedding sparks trend in top 20 spring baby names: Guess where Harry and Meghan rank?
Final Power 10: Ranking the best of the scholastic spring season have 287 words, post on buffalonews.com at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.