A senior South Korean government official told reporters in Seoul on Wednesday that President Moon Jae-in believes that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un “understands” denuclearizing his country would require international inspectors to receive access to the country’s nuclear test site. “The North has said that it will close down the nuclear test site with international experts and reporters attending. I think this shows that Pyongyang has a strong will for (allowing) an inspection as well,” the unnamed official said, according to South Korean newswire service Yonhap. “It is nonsense to seek a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula without inspection and verification.”South Korean officials are still helping media interpret the overarching message of a historic meeting last week between Moon and Kim in the border village of Panmunjom, which saw both leaders visit their respective countries for the first time (the village is divided between north and south, so both leaders hopped across the border symbolically). The leaders signed a statement called the “Panmunjom Declaration” vowing to end the Korean War, which is technically still occuring, and to denuclearize the Korean peninsula. Many observers have questioned what Kim Jong-un means by “denuclearization,” as his regime has often called for the removal of U.S…. Read full this story
- South Korea to bring back US tactical nuclear missiles?
- South Korea says North 'preparing for new nuclear test'
- US to ‘launch pre-emptive strike on North Korea if Kim Jong-un reaches for nuclear trigger’
- Forget the Mother Of All Bombs – Trump has an even BIGGER 15-TON weapon to destroy Kim Jong Un’s underground nuke sites
- South Korea welcomes Trump response to Pyongyang nuclear missile threat
- Japan not inviting South Korea to naval review amid dispute
- North Korea edging closer to launch a nuclear ICBM
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un hints at hydrogen bomb capability
- Calls grow for South Korea to consider deploying nuclear weapons
- Will North Korea test another H-bomb TODAY? Experts fear Kim Jong-un’s ‘city-busting’ nuclear weapon could be detonated within hours
South Korea: Kim Jong-Un to Invite International Experts to Nuclear Site Closure have 324 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.