REUTERS: Russia coach Stanislav Cherchesov has warned his players they must cut out the individual errors that cost the World Cup hosts a chance to end a winless run stretching back to October after they lost 1-0 to Austria in a warm-up match on Wednesday.The Russians, hoping to reach the knockout stage from a relatively weak-looking Group A, which also includes Saudi Arabia, Uruguay and Egypt, have conceded 10 goals in their last four games and failed to win in six matches.Cherchesov sees plenty of room for improvement, saying the errors in the Austria defeat were due to tiredness after the team’s intensive pre-World Cup training camp in the Alps.”These things (individual errors) need to be eliminated,” Cherchesov said. “But mistakes happen if there’s no freshness. We’ll correct them when we are 100 percent ready.”With Uruguay, led by prolific strikers Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez, expected to top the group, the Russians need a winning a start in the tournament’s opening game against the Saudis in Moscow on June 14.Cherchesov’s team clearly lack quality in the final third of the pitch at the Tivoli Stadium in Innsbruck and the former Russia keeper said they get into good attacking positions often… Read full this story
- Russia says U.S. sanctions for Navalny poisoning will fail as Putin's popularity plummets
- Russia's Antifa is being tortured and detained by Putin's shadowy security service, sources say
- Friday morning news briefing: Russia 'may invade Ukraine'
- CIA sees diversity as weapon against changing threats from China, Russia
- Moscow Journal; To the Business Risks in Russia, Add Poisoning
- Macron squares up to Putin: France issues Russia brutal warning over troop buildup
- Why Poland is blaming Putin for latest crisis - 'Russia are advancing'
- Mueller report release: Live updates as William Barr delivers findings on Trump-Russia investigation
- Russia poll: Should UK divert gas to EU if Putin and Lukashenko cut supplies?
- FBI tried to meet "sex coach" Nastya Rybka who says she has dirt on Russian election interference
Russia must cut out individual errors, says coach have 329 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.