SECRET police recordings have revealed the chilling lengths a foster family went to so they could cover up the brutal murder of a vulnerable 12-year-old girl in their care. Rick and Julene Thorburn can be heard telling sons Trent and Josh how to keep up the lie that Tiahleigh Palmer was at school – when she was in fact already dead. Journalists for 60 Minutes in Australia unearthed secret recordings, disturbing confessions and chilling Facebook messages which show just how far the Thorburns went to hide the sickening crime. Cops bugged their house shortly after Tiahleigh’s body was found washed up on the banks of the Pimpama River near Brisbane, Australia. Days before her death, foster brother Trent Thorburn, 18, had become concerned he had made Tiahleigh pregnant. Trent confessed the relationship to a cousin, who then told his mother Julene. Within 48 hours Tiahleigh would be dead. His father Rick smothered Tiahleigh to prevent any scandal coming out about Trent’s sexual relationship with a child. “We have to stick to the same story about her going to school the next day and whatever,” Julene can be later heard saying in the police recording. Rick even coaches Trent on what to say… Read full this story
- 12-year-old burns nearly 50 percent of her body doing 'fire challenge'
- Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters charged with rioting, including a 16-year-old girl, show up in court as supporters demand their release
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Updated Hands-On Preview - Bounty Hunter In-Depth
- How playing a classic game helps a son cope with his grief
- YouTube is Still Burning A Year Later
- 2014 in review: Polygon's best reports cover war, flood, The Hobbit and Satan's schemings
- A brief history of blaming video games for mass murder
- Bodies of missing Colorado girls allegedly killed by dad found in oil and gas tanks: report
- Stabbed to death in his uniform: Catholic boys' school pupil, 15, was murdered as he got off bus outside McDonald's in first of two killings in five hours in Lawless London
- State of the Art: Guild Wars 2’s art passes from father to son
Killer dad’s chilling advice to son as he attempted to cover-up murder of his 12-year-old foster daughter have 341 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.