You know the scenario. You need to get a message out to a lot of people—the baby’s here, bring your own beer, that sort of thing—but you don’t want to drag dozens of contacts into a spammy, reply-all messaging nightmare at the same time. No matter what your preferred communication app of choice, here’s how it’s done. Sending messages from WhatsApp If WhatsApp is your preferred messaging platform, you’re in luck, as it features a very handy option called Broadcast. This beams the same message to a selected mix of contacts, but keeps all those messages separate, and you can even save particular lists of people for particular occasions. From the front screen of the app, tap the menu button then New broadcast. Pick your recipients, type your message, and you’re done—the message appears like a normal message in your regular conversation windows, and subsequent replies are kept private. The initial broadcast appears as a separate entry in your chat list, but the same message is duplicated in all the individual threads you’ve already got going with these contacts too. There is one caveat: You can only broadcast messages to people who have your number saved in their phone’s address… Read full this story
- Sources: TikTok considers introducing group chat feature this year
- Campfire vs. Glassboard vs. HipChat: Group chat apps for iPhone shootout!
- How to Only Allow Admins to Send a Message in a WhatsApp Group
- The low-down on parents’ WhatsApp group chats: Are they becoming toxic?
- How to Add & Remove People in Signal Group Chat
- Bloke accidentally creates group chat with 60 girls after trying to send them a sexy selfie at the same time
- Instagram ‘spam message’ surge as bots add users to scam group chats – here’s how to fix it
- Assign a Name to Group Chats in Messages for Mac
- TikTok to take on WhatsApp with ‘new GROUP chat feature later this year’
- How to Leave a Group Chat in Messages on iPhone & iPad
How to Message All Your Friends Without Resorting to a Bad Group Chat have 333 words, post on fieldguide.gizmodo.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.