<>These are the 5 wines made at Ryker’s Cellars urban winery on May 16, 2018 in Denver. Owner Ryker Brandt only produces small batch wines making only 600-700 cases a year. (Helen H. Richardson, The Denver Post) In case anyone needs a reason to drink wine, Friday is National Wine Day. It’s a day to celebrate your favorite fermented fruit of the vine. So crack open that box of Franzia merlot from Target — we promise, we will not judge you — or uncork that pretty bottle of Miraval rosé (from a French vineyard still owned by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, incidentally) that you’ve been saving for a semi-special occasion. Better still, get out and try something new. No need to travel to Napa Valley, either: The Front Range has a surprising number of urban wineries — many of which we list here — with libations that will appeal to both novice and connoisseur. All offer tastings given by winemakers or their knowledgeable staffs. Many offer small plates or full menus so you can wine, dine and sit for awhile. Try a bunch of varieties, then take home some of your favorite bottles (for when your box runs dry). And when… Read full this story
- All you need to know about the big O to celebrate National Orgasm Day
- With no vineyard, a winery grows in the Bayview
- Clarksburg AVA the little wine-growing region that could
- Boeger, El Dorado County’s modern wine trade Old Vine
- Nelson's finest wines make it onto the country's most enviable list
- From Jaffa Cake gin to a Beer Hawks Dad Beer Box, the best boozy gifts for Father's Day
- Trying to find the next big thing for Paso wine at Brecon
- Uncorked: India’s wine teachers online
- Denver Broncos 26–16 New England Patriots - as it happened!
- Piers Morgan raises a HUGE glass of wine ahead of final GMB show before summer break... and admits to being 'knackered' at 5.15am the following morning
21 urban wineries in Denver and along the Front Range where you can cheers to National Wine Day have 319 words, post on theknow.denverpost.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.