NEW YORK – Anadolu Agency Speaking to the United Nations General Assembly, Turkey’s foreign minister on April 25 slammed countries that draw distinctions between various terror groups, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). “When ISIL kills innocent civilians, we all react, and this is the right thing to do,” Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said during a General Assembly meeting on “Peacebuilding and Sustaining Peace.” “When FETÖ [Fethullahist Terrorist Organization] or the PKK/PYD/YPG [Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party/People’s Protection Units] kill innocent civilians, some countries choose to ignore it. Because these terrorist groups might be useful for them somewhere else,” he added. FETÖ and its U.S.-based leader Fethullah Gülen orchestrated the defeated coup in Turkey of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured. “When there is a terror attack in a Western capital, we see it in headlines. When there is a terror attack in the Middle East or in Africa, we don’t hear about it,” said Çavuşoğlu. “Is human life more valuable in certain regions?” he said. UN reforms Turkey’s top diplomat also called for reforms to the U.N., adding that these are now “more… Read full this story
- 'This season was a bit of a flop': Married At First Sight's Amanda Micallef SLAMS the hit reality show she starred on and brands it 'boring'
- Foreigners Among IS-linked Suspects Arrested in Foiled Terrorist Attack in Turkey
- The fragile ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib war
- Turkey Summons Top US Diplomat in Ankara Over Situation in Syria - Reports
- Discontent & Partisan Warfare Against Illegal US Occupation of East Syria Will Increase – US Veteran
- Militants Shell Town in Syria’s Idlib, Russian Military Says
- Russian Military Detects US Aircraft Flying Toward Russia's Syria Base
- RPT-INSIGHT-“All our dreams are gone;” Desperation deepens for Syrians as conflict intensifies
- Why the Armenian Genocide Remains Unrecognized by the U.S. Despite Bipartisan Efforts
- Catch Me if You Can: Al-Baghdadi Still On Loose, Despite Numerous Reports
Turkish FM slams differentiation of terrorist groups have 335 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at April 25, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.