Created by Russian-born developers, encrypted chat app Telegram is one of the most popular instant messaging apps on iPhone and Android. But Russia has Telegram in its sights for the company’s refusal to share encryption keys with the state’s FSB intelligence agency. Telegram is officially banned in Russia right now, and the country has gone as far as to block Amazon and Google services to prevent Telegram access. On top of that, the local telecom regulator is asking both Apple and Google to remove the Telegram app from the App Store and Google Play. Don’t Miss: Today’s top deals: Nest Thermostat, AirPods knockoffs, spy camera pen, Echo Dot for your car, more Roskomnadzor wants Apple and Google to remove the app from app stores available in Russia, following the recent ban on Telegram, according to Reuters. It’s likely that at least Apple, which is known to have complied with censorship laws in China, will comply with Russia’s censurious request. What’s strange about the whole thing is that Telegram isn’t the only encrypted chat app out there. In fact, Apple’s iPhone is encrypted the moment the user creates a password. iMessage and FaceTime are also encrypted apps on the iPhone. There… Read full this story
- Apple rejects portrayal of App Store as a monopoly
- 8 ways Apple could make the App Store amazing
- Australia threatens Apple with regulation over App Store, default apps
- 'Flappy Bird' Removed from App Store by Developer
- If web apps are so good, why did Apple ditch them for the App Store?
- US investigates App Store for competition violations
- Apple removes Fortnite from app stores, Epic Games sues Apple
- Russian Lawmaker Seeks to Cap Apple's App Store Commission at 20%
- Russia's Anti-Monopoly Watchdog Says Apple Abused Dominant App Store Position
- Apple Reportedly Rejects Parler’s App Store Appeal, Cites Platform’s ‘Objectionable Content’
Russia wants Apple and Google to remove Telegram from their app stores have 307 words, post on bgr.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.