U.S. Edition EditionsAustralia EditionChina EditionIndia EditionSingapore EditionUnited KingdomUnited States Apr 09, 2:37 AM EDT Subscribe BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureMillennial MoneyOpinionSportsLuxury Sports By Pradhan Muthanna On 04/09/18 AT 2:03 AM Rafael Nadal completed a successful return to tennis after a lengthy injury layoff as he helped Spain progress to the semi-finals of the Davis Cup with victory over Germany in Valencia on Sunday.The Spaniard was playing for the first time since pulling out during his quarter-final loss against Marin Cilic at the 2018 Australian Open in January and showed no signs of rust as he won both his singles rubbers without dropping a set.Nadal beat Germany’s Philipp Kohlschreiber on Friday in straight sets in his first match back in over two months before beating Alexander Zverev, who had defeated David Ferrer on Friday during the reverse singles matches Saturday.Spain were trailing Germany 2-1 after the first three ties having lost one singles and the doubles tie and it was left to Nadal and Ferrer to ensure they progressed to the last four. The ten-time French Open champion started the proceedings on the final day and took the court against the in-form Zverev. Rafael Nadal beat Alexander Zverev to help Spain beat Germany… Read full this story
- Dominic Thiem vs Alexander Zverev: French Open live scores
- French Open 2018: Rafael Nadal Eyes 11th Title As Clock Ticks
- French Open Final: When And Where To Watch Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Thiem, Live Coverage On TV, Live Streaming Online
- French Open 2018 Preview: Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova eye semi-final berths
- French Open men's final live scores, blog: Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Thiem
- LIVE| French Open final: Rafael Nadal aims for 11th title, faces Dominic Thiem
- French Open 2018: Can anyone dethrone the mighty Spaniard Rafael Nadal on his own turf?
- French Open 2018: Alexander Zverev Saves Match Point To Win Thriller, Grigor Dimitrov Bows Out
- French Open: Dominic Thiem Routs Weary Alexander Zverev To Reach Semi-Final
- French Open: Angelique Kerber and Rafael Nadal into quarterfinals
Davis Cup: Rafael Nadal Dominates Alexander Zverev, Spain Beat Germany have 317 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at April 8, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.