Hyundai revealed its Kona Electric small SUV at the Geneva Motor Show in early March, but at that time, the Korean automaker refused to confirm the model for North American distribution. Now, at a launch event for the Kona’s gas-powered sibling, Roadshow has learned that the pure-electric model will debut for US and Canadian audiences at the New York Auto Show later this month.As shown for overseas buyers, the front-wheel-drive, all-electric subcompact crossover features two different battery pack sizes, the larger of which is rated at 292 miles of range (on the more lenient European test cycle). The former relies on a 64-kWh battery, while the base version will receive a 39.2-kWh pack, good for 186 miles of range. It is not immediately clear if the Kona Electric for US and Canada will receive the same-size battery packs, but even if they are, their stated range will likely be somewhat shorter once evaluated on the US’ more more-stringent test cycle. Either way, those range figures would seem to position the vehicle nicely against would-be rivals like the Chevrolet Bolt EV, Nissan Leaf and Tesla Model 3 (although those vehicles are somewhat larger). If the Kona EV can deliver range similar to those vehicles, it… Read full this story
- Exclusive: Hyundai To Launch Two New Models Based On The New Santro's K1 Platform In 2019
- What is Ford offering in the Mustang Mach-E electric SUV?
- Jaguar Begins Testing I-Pace Electric SUV In London
- Jaguar I-Pace All-Electric SUV Concept Previewed
- Mercedes-Benz EQ C electric SUV revealed
- New Hyundai Venue baby SUV aims to go head to head with Mazda CX-3
- On green drive, Himachal CM opts for electric SUV
- Volkswagen Will Return To The Auto Expo 2020 With A Host Of SUVs
- Ather Announces Price Cut Of Up To Rs. 9000 On Electric Scooters Post New GST Rates
- Hyundai Venue: Interior Design And Features Explained
EXCLUSIVE: Hyundai Kona Electric SUV to charge into NY Auto Show have 303 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 15, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.