In the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 students and teachers dead, gun owners across the U.S. have decided to destroy their weapons, while others have given their guns to police.One video shared on social media shows a man in New York sawing his AR-15 rifle in half, in support of gun control.”Now, I’m a firm believer of the Second Amendment,” Scott Pappalardo said in a video posted to Facebook, which has since been shared more than 340,000 times. “I even have it tattooed on my arm.” Although the AR-15 owner said he only shoots targets with the rifle for “fun,” he could no longer justify owning the weapon after the massacre at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. “When Sandy Hook happened, I said to my wife, I would gladly give this gun up if it would save the life of one child,” Pappalardo said in the video.”That’s five years ago now, and since then over 400 people have been shot in over 200 school shootings, so I guess my words were just empty words in the spur of the moment,” Pappalardo said. “And now here we are, 17 more lives lost, so when… Read full this story
- Florida school shooting suspect had access to 10 firearms, including AK-47 variant
- Student Shares Video of Gunshots During Florida School Shooting
- Student says Nikolas Cruz threatened to 'kill' him, sent photo of guns months before school shooting
- Who Is Nikolas Cruz: What We Know About Alleged Florida School Shooter
- Gun owners have the taxpayer over a barrel
- David Hogg Conspiracy Theory Explained: Yes, Student Was on Campus During Parkland School Shooting
- Her Daughter Was Killed In The Santa Fe School Shooting. Now She Feels Like The Outcast.
- 'Dammit, we're going to do something about it': TOMS founder donates $5million to gun control groups after his wife was too scared to take their son to school following Thousand Oaks shooting
- Student Gun Control Advocates Complete 50-Mile Protest March to Gunmaker Headquarters
- 'Teen Mom 2' Jenelle Evans Admits 'Bad Timing' With Instagram Gun Post
Following Florida School Shooting, Gun Owners Destroy Rifles and Turn Firearms Over to Police have 338 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 20, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.