Microsoft last year announced that there will be a successor to Office 2016, the non-subscription version of the application suite, and that the upgrade would ship in about a year.The bundle, named “Office 2019,” will be geared to customers, primarily corporate customers, “who aren’t yet ready for the cloud,” according to Microsoft.But other than that description, Microsoft has been vague about the prospect of Office 2019 with a “perpetual” license, one that lets the customer run the suite as long as desired without further payments. So, we collected some of the pressing questions business may have about the suite.What is a ‘perpetual’ Office?Microsoft categorizes software by how it is paid for, discriminating between a license that was bought outright from one that is essentially “rented” because it’s paid for over time, like a subscription.Most of the time Microsoft uses the term “one-time purchase” to label a software license that is paid for with a “single, up-front cost to get Office applications for one computer.” The purchase gives the buyer the right to use Office in perpetuity. In other words, the license has no expiration date, and users may run the suite as long as they want.When will Microsoft release Office… Read full this story
- Shh! Anti-agers no one but you need know about: Menopause has made my hair thin. What shall I do?
- BSF Jawan’s House Burned Down in Khajuri Khas by Rioters Shouting ‘Come Here Pakistani, Get Your Citizenship’
- Spain's general election 2019: all you need to know
- Trump said 'love it, more Americans will come here after my visit': Guide who showed Taj to US prez
- Bryn Mawr Day 2019: What You Need To Know
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- General election 2019: Boris Johnson vows to 'forge a new Britain'
- Motorola Razr 2019 to launch in India on March 16: Here’s all you need to know
- Forget bonus Bob, here's a real master of the universe
- Streamlined executive chairs for a modern office space
FAQ: Office 2019 is coming; here's what you need to know have 353 words, post on www.computerworld.com at February 9, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.