Aarhus marks the opening of its European Capital of Culture year on January 21st, 2017. Photo: Casper Dalhoff/Polfoto/Ritzau 2017 is coming to a close, bringing with it a chance to look back at Denmark’s headline news over the last year. We’ve already covered some of the more offbeat and unusual moments that hit the Danish news in 2017. Now we bring you our round-up of the stories that shaped the country throughout the last 12 months – including some you may have missed. POLITICS Inger Støjberg. Photo: Ida Marie Odgaard/Scanpix Tax and immigration were key topics in Danish politics in 2017, a year in which municipal elections resulted in a boost for the opposition Social Democrats, though their policies were often indistinguishable from their colleagues on the other side of the aisle. This was reflected in Social Democrat support for a law change that made the already-difficult road to residency an even longer one for expats and other immigrants. Industry representatives have called for more foreign professionals to be attracted to Denmark. The government also announced a cut on foreign students admitted to higher education programmes, citing a concern that not enough of the students remained in the country to use… Read full this story
- Tamron Hall inundated with support as she announces major news - details
- GMA's Ali Wentworth inundated with praise after major news
- Today Show announce major news about much-loved star following devastating death news
- Today's Hoda Kotb announces major news 'coming soon' as fans overwhelm with support
- South Korea's 50 Richest 2017: A Year Of Trouble And Trials For Chaebols Test Top Fortunes
- Gurgaon saw first ‘good’ air day in October since 2017, data shows | Gurgaon News - Times of India
- 15 Good News Stories: Palindrome Day Babes; Published Author At 3
- REPORT: Four Major News Outlets In Front Row Of Briefing Room Are Looking To Hire Psaki
- Brexit Britain has 'no gas supply issues' as industry hailed as 'major success story'
- Call the Midwife announces major news following season 11 - and fans are thrilled
2017 in review: this year’s major news stories in Denmark have 327 words, post on www.thelocal.dk at December 29, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.