SpaceX founder Elon Musk plans to build and launch a giant rocket that can take people to Mars. However, the system might also be able to transport passengers anywhere on Earth in less than an hour. An astronaut says such a trip would “not be for the faint of heart” and could trigger powerful nausea. In late September, SpaceX founder Elon Musk debuted a new plan for colonizing Mars with 1 million people. The centerpiece of Musk’s roughly 42-minute talk was the “Big F—ing Rocket,” or BFR. Musk hopes to launch the first 35-story BFR toward the red planet by 2022. But the billionaire tech mogul also teased a bonus use for the BFR: flying people anywhere in the world in less than one hour. “If we’re building this thing to go to the moon and Mars, then why not go to other places on Earth as well?” Musk said during his presentation at the International Astronautical Congress. The BFR design has two main sections: a rocket and a spaceship. The 191-foot-tall rocket would push the spaceship into orbit around Earth, then the 157-foot-long spaceship would fly about 100 people to Mars. Everything would run on liquid methane and oxygen…. Read full this story
- New York City Tour - Give Your Regards to Old and New Broadway
- Las-Vegas - The City From our Dreams - Part II
- 8 Major Reasons Not To Move To Las Vegas
- BMW's New CEO Has to Catch Up to Tesla
- The It List: HBO's 'Watchmen' series debuts, Angelina Jolie rocks Maleficent’s razor-sharp cheekbones again, 'Pulp Fiction' turns 25 and the best in pop culture the week of October 14, 2019
- Curse of the Abyss Wrom [Chapters 25/26: Lady Belinda & The Chat]
- Making the Most of Manhattan
- Cambodia to Thailand Overland in the Rainy Season, a Great Adventure Value
- The Year in Overrated Pop Culture
- My, What A Nice Back-End You've Got Baby!
Elon Musk wants to fly people from LA to New York in 25 minutes in a giant spaceship — but it could be a ‘vomit comet’ have 309 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at October 11, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.