HONG KONG (Reuters) – KuangChi Science Ltd said its parent has invested 4 billion yuan ($600.3 million) in a 1.88 percent stake in China United Network Communications Ltd, becoming one of its strategic investors under a mixed ownership reform plan. KuangChi Group-controlled KuangChi Connection Technology will cooperate with China United Network in areas including cloud computation, big data, internet of things, artificial intelligence, digital content and payment finance, the Hong Kong-listed firm said late on Monday. KuangChi Science – an investment company engaged in space equipment, paper and property with a market value of HK$15.5 billion ($2 billion) – would explore the possibility of cooperation with China United Network, it said in the filing to the Hong Kong bourse. China Unicom’s $11.7 billion ownership reform plan, in which Unicom’s Shanghai-listed unit will tap more than a dozen major investors including Alibaba, Tencent and Baidu for funds, has been billed as a model case for revitalizing Chinese state firms with private capital. ($1 = 7.8243 Hong Kong dollars) (Reporting by Donny Kwok; Editing by Stephen Coates) (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Click For Restrictions
- Stripe raises $600 million as COVID-19 gives fintech a boost
- Ex-education secretaries say parents, teachers must support each other through coronavirus crisis
- Airlines may NEVER fully recover from coronavirus crisis say aviation experts - as Virgin Atlantic follows easyJet in asking for £500m government bailout and collapse of Virgin Australia and Flybe
- British parents are among the most vehement anti-vaxxers in Europe — with one in 30 claiming they are 'opposed to absolutely all vaccines'
- Ministers warn 'ghost trains' with no commuters on will be AXED as millions of workers stay at home amid coronavirus crisis – leaving some services and roads EMPTY
- Green urban areas offer investment opportunities
- U.S. Coronavirus: 26 Million Jobless; More Data on Deaths
- U.S. Coronavirus: House Close On Aid Bill; 26 Million Jobless
- U.S. Coronavirus: House Passes Aid Bill; 26 Million Jobless
- Ninety percent of Americans - or 297 million - are now in some form of lockdown due to coronavirus but 11 states still have no official orders as infections increase to more than 236,000 and death toll rises to 5,600
KuangChi says parent invests $600 million for 1.88 percent of Unicom have 333 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 21, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.